Skip to main content

Welcome back to Holland, Welcome back LDR!

It's been more than 2 weeks ago when I landed to this wet and cold supposed-to-be summer of Holland, after my 1 month summer holiday in Indonesia.

And it has also been more than 2 weeks that I have res-entered to the LDR - long distance relationship. I couldn't believe myself for doing it all over again. After being in LDR for almost 5 years, I remembered making an oath not to be in this cruel LDR cycle again!

But here I am, or let's say here we are, again.

If you ask how I am so far, I'd say on the weekdays, it's okay. But on the weekend, this is when the emptiness started to creep in.

Missing him is not the worst, thanks to the technology (do I hear a Hallelujah?), but his presence is really missed. Since we lived in the same city, he often was at home cooking dinner for me. Or we often went for movie or dining when we felt like it (or when the weather allowed).

And weekends were always our favorite! We went to traditional market, experimented with some recipes, went window shopping, made little trip, or visited some friends. It's always been a busy weekend, which we also ALWAYS regretted on the Monday.

But now, it is simply me, my books, and tons of TV series. I do still like to try out some recipes, but it's just simply to fill my hungry tummy. With Stefy around, I tried out recipes to pamper him.

To conclude, it's so far so good, then. It's been worse. I think we kinda used to LDR; thus this time it ain't that hard, especially the communication part (Again, Hallelujah to technology!).

Wish me luck, ok? :)

By the way, I found this book. Interesting. Anyone have read this book?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FENOMENA ACEH 07

Daster Batik Pagi itu Nie datang ke kantor disambut oleh kumpulan ibu-ibu yang tidak jelas dari mana dan mau apa. “Assalamualaikum” sapa Nie. “Waalaikumsalam” jawab kumpulan ibu-ibu itu serempak. Nie menyunggingkan senyum, berusaha menampilkan senyum yang termanis untuk mereka. Semakin aku masuk ke dalam kantorku, semakin banyak ibu-ibu yang duduk lesehan di depan kantorku. Nie bergegas masuk ke ruangan admin, ada Hetty dan Wardah di sana. “Dah, kenapa ada ibu-ibu itu di situ?” Nie bertanya ke Wardah asal muasal ibu-ibu itu. “Oh, Pak Welly menugaskan karyawan kita yang di lapangan untuk mencari ibu-ibu yang membutuhkan sumbangan baju daster. Ibu-ibu korban tsunami. Ya itulah, bu, ibu-ibu yang akan diberikan sumbangan baju daster.” Nie mencermati kumpulan ibu-ibu itu. Ada yang masih muda belia, ada yang sudah tua, entah apa rambutnya sudah putih semua karena uban, atau disemir hitam mengkilap. Aku tak tahu, karena semua ibu-ibu menutupi auratnya, dari kepala sampai ujung kaki. Jadi k...

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho...

Probable Answer

Phien, I came across this article, forwarded by a good friend of mine (thx Nat!) . It might be the answer for our BIG question yesterday. I hope it will answer some of your puzzle, at least it has answered some of my concerns today :) - thank God --- Did I Marry The Right Person? Cerita di bawah ini sangat bagus, bagi yang masih single maupun yang sudah menikah. Bagi mereka yang masih single bisa mengambil pelajaran dari cerita ini, dan bagi yang sudah menikah cerita ini bisa jadi guideline untuk meningkatkan ikatan pernikahan yang udah dijalani. 'Apakah saya menikah dengan orang yang tepat?' Dalam sebuah seminar rumah tangga, seseorang audience tiba-tiba melontarkan pertanyaan yang sangat lumrah, ' Bagaimana saya tahu kalo saya menikah dengan orang yang tepat? ' Saya melihat ada seorang lelaki bertubuh besar duduk di sebelahnya jadi saya menjawab 'Ya.. tergantung. Apakah pria disebelah anda itu suami anda?' Dengan sangat serius dia balik bertanya 'Bagaiman...