Skip to main content

Will You Love My Naked Heart?

Some weeks ago, at church, the speaker shared this song and talked about having pure and honest heart. It is really good to be true to ourselves, and to someone close to use, like our partner.

The song goes like this:

So I wrap up this part that doesn't look good; I make it look lovely, like I think it should,
But if you only know who I pretend to be I'll never know if you could really love me.

If you find out who I really am...
If I show you what I keep in the dark...
Stripped of my defences, can your love really clothe my naked heart?


I think it is really sad and true, at the same time.

It is sad because there are people that wrap up their heart, or even themselves to be like they are expected to be - but it ain't themselves.

And it is true because it is happening. There are people doing so, even me.

The speaker at that church said that we should come clean. He shared that when he did that to his wife, his wife and he both wept. He wept because of confessing the dark side of him. His wife wept because of discovering his dark side. But, in the end his wife said (this is the most important bit for me):

"I rather have the pain knowing it than not knowing you at all."


He concluded that it is amazing to be fully known and still be loved anyway.

Did I do that? No, at least not yet.
Do I dare to do that? Um,.. I don't know.

Do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FENOMENA ACEH 07

Daster Batik Pagi itu Nie datang ke kantor disambut oleh kumpulan ibu-ibu yang tidak jelas dari mana dan mau apa. “Assalamualaikum” sapa Nie. “Waalaikumsalam” jawab kumpulan ibu-ibu itu serempak. Nie menyunggingkan senyum, berusaha menampilkan senyum yang termanis untuk mereka. Semakin aku masuk ke dalam kantorku, semakin banyak ibu-ibu yang duduk lesehan di depan kantorku. Nie bergegas masuk ke ruangan admin, ada Hetty dan Wardah di sana. “Dah, kenapa ada ibu-ibu itu di situ?” Nie bertanya ke Wardah asal muasal ibu-ibu itu. “Oh, Pak Welly menugaskan karyawan kita yang di lapangan untuk mencari ibu-ibu yang membutuhkan sumbangan baju daster. Ibu-ibu korban tsunami. Ya itulah, bu, ibu-ibu yang akan diberikan sumbangan baju daster.” Nie mencermati kumpulan ibu-ibu itu. Ada yang masih muda belia, ada yang sudah tua, entah apa rambutnya sudah putih semua karena uban, atau disemir hitam mengkilap. Aku tak tahu, karena semua ibu-ibu menutupi auratnya, dari kepala sampai ujung kaki. Jadi k...

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho...

Probable Answer

Phien, I came across this article, forwarded by a good friend of mine (thx Nat!) . It might be the answer for our BIG question yesterday. I hope it will answer some of your puzzle, at least it has answered some of my concerns today :) - thank God --- Did I Marry The Right Person? Cerita di bawah ini sangat bagus, bagi yang masih single maupun yang sudah menikah. Bagi mereka yang masih single bisa mengambil pelajaran dari cerita ini, dan bagi yang sudah menikah cerita ini bisa jadi guideline untuk meningkatkan ikatan pernikahan yang udah dijalani. 'Apakah saya menikah dengan orang yang tepat?' Dalam sebuah seminar rumah tangga, seseorang audience tiba-tiba melontarkan pertanyaan yang sangat lumrah, ' Bagaimana saya tahu kalo saya menikah dengan orang yang tepat? ' Saya melihat ada seorang lelaki bertubuh besar duduk di sebelahnya jadi saya menjawab 'Ya.. tergantung. Apakah pria disebelah anda itu suami anda?' Dengan sangat serius dia balik bertanya 'Bagaiman...