Skip to main content

Nonton Changeling

Sudah ada belum ya film ini di Indo?

Prisca, Stefy and I just went back from Pathe Buitenhof, nonton Changeling, film terbaru Angelina Jolie. The rumour says Angelina Jolie played very well; and for me, she, indeed, played very well (no wonder she is nominated for the Best Actress in the Academy Award). Ini ada ulasan sedikit, may contain spoiler for you. Jadi, kalo berencana nonton dalam waktu dekat, jangan baca deh!

The film began with a text 'based on true story'. I didn't know about that before. It is continued with scenes of Angelina Jolie with her son (Walter Collins). One day, the son went missing and Angelina Jolie looked for him. The cops, in this case LAPD, were too searching for the missing son. A couple of months, Christine Collins (Angelina Jolie) was informed that the son was found. She bursted into joy and tears approaching her son in the train station.


Unexpectedly, the son was not Walter Collins; it was the fake 'Walter Collins'. As Christine mentioned that to the cops, in this case the chief J.J. Jones - the bastard - they didn't believe it, thinking that Christine was nuts! Later, because of her perseverence in annoying J.J. Jones, she was put in Rumah Sakit Jiwa. Poor her! Later, Walter Collins was suspected death, in relation to the biggest murder case at that time.

Akhirnya gimana? Ya, because I don't like spoiler, I, too, don't want to spoil you :) Silahkan nonton sendiri.

In general, film ini sangat bagus. Buat Oma, tegangnya pas, dramanya pas, serunya nya. Ya, buat cewek, film ini cocok sekali (mungkin buat cewek seperti Oma yang kurang suka adegan darah, ketegangan yang berlebihan). Angelina Jolie played very well (except her make-up, ketebalan!). Satu yang menurut Oma kurang, kedekatan Christine Collins dengan anaknya. Jadi ketika gone missing, kelihatannya kurang dramatis.

Ah, tapi ini mungkin point of view dari seorang Indonesian student yang terlalu banyak disuguhi sinetron di negaranya. Hehehehe,..

In conclusion: recommended!

Comments

akokow said…
Hum, tapi yang pasti jangan sampai kehilangan harapan yah ... :D

Popular posts from this blog

FENOMENA ACEH 07

Daster Batik Pagi itu Nie datang ke kantor disambut oleh kumpulan ibu-ibu yang tidak jelas dari mana dan mau apa. “Assalamualaikum” sapa Nie. “Waalaikumsalam” jawab kumpulan ibu-ibu itu serempak. Nie menyunggingkan senyum, berusaha menampilkan senyum yang termanis untuk mereka. Semakin aku masuk ke dalam kantorku, semakin banyak ibu-ibu yang duduk lesehan di depan kantorku. Nie bergegas masuk ke ruangan admin, ada Hetty dan Wardah di sana. “Dah, kenapa ada ibu-ibu itu di situ?” Nie bertanya ke Wardah asal muasal ibu-ibu itu. “Oh, Pak Welly menugaskan karyawan kita yang di lapangan untuk mencari ibu-ibu yang membutuhkan sumbangan baju daster. Ibu-ibu korban tsunami. Ya itulah, bu, ibu-ibu yang akan diberikan sumbangan baju daster.” Nie mencermati kumpulan ibu-ibu itu. Ada yang masih muda belia, ada yang sudah tua, entah apa rambutnya sudah putih semua karena uban, atau disemir hitam mengkilap. Aku tak tahu, karena semua ibu-ibu menutupi auratnya, dari kepala sampai ujung kaki. Jadi k...

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho...

Cold Feet

One of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow another one in May another one in November. and an ex-classmate is also getting married in April/May. and, I dreamed about getting married last night. I remember some months ago I was so enthusiastic with the idea of getting married. Although I knew that our relationship was not yet ready for that stage, I was so pushy to Stefy. I had asked him when exactly we would get married. Ah well, it was all the flashy things that I longed for. Right now, what I want is to avoid it! I am just not brave enough to throw myself into this new status. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just like any other girls out there who like the beautiful wedding gown, like to be made up, like to be the queen of the night. But, have you ever considered what would happen after you wave off the guests and head to your own home, starting your new chapter of life? or what would happen after the happy chappy honeymoon? Would we then live...