Skip to main content

Senz Umbrella: finally, a product that makes sense!

If you live in the Netherlands, are frustrated with the weather, and think that umbrella is just hopeless, you are just like me! Until I found Senz Umbrella, the famous, strange umbrella that works well against strong wind.

Well, I was very proud and positive about this umbrella, until it was broken 2 weeks ago. I wouldn’t blame the product, though, because the wind was too strong, coming from many different sides.



When my umbrella was R.I.P, all I could do was sobbing inside. It wasn’t an easy decision to buy this umbrella. Due to the abnormal price for one piece of mini umbrella, I had to think a lot before buying it; but finally I bought it!

I was overly positive about it. I promoted to my colleagues who had frustration about their broken umbrella. But not after 2 weeks ago! I was sad and regretted my decision buying this too expansive umbrella, yet still broken in the end.

As a social media geek, I thought, hmm,.. let’s try to find Senz Twitter or Facebook account. Just for fun, I googled Senz’ Twitter and Facebook account, and I found them! I tweeted about my problem, and they replied (quite quickly!). And see the picture below:


YES!! I am going to get a replacement, a new Senz umbrella!!

All I had to do was to send the pictures of my broken Senz (luckily I didn’t throw it away. I guess it was because I was still hoping that I could fix it somehow) to the customer service e-mail address.

Within 2 days, I got a reply saying that I should be able to show my receipt, as it is the warranty certificate of Senz. WOOoot?!

I was quite upset, because first I didn’t know that receipt serves as warrant certificate. No one told me when I bought it at de Bijenkorf (or did it say on the product information attached with the product? If you have Senz please check to confirm). And I bought it almost 2 years ago!

Well, I didn’t hope too much. I thought, most Dutch companies don’t really do replacement and nice things for the customer after all. So I wrote back: “thank you. I didn’t keep the receipt though; but I hope that I could still receive a new senz umbrella, as it was tweeted to me. It would be very nice.”

I was sad.

Last weekend, I was umbrella-less, and it was pouring very hard.

This morning, the sky showed some indication that it’d be raining. And again, I was umbrella-less. I thought: I might just buy a cheap Hema umbrella later in the evening.

Yet, not long after that thought, I got an e-mail from Senz.
And this is Senz' replied I received this morning. Some details have been hidden due to privacy reason :)


So now it is the real YES! I just used the coupon to buy myself a new mini, blessing of the rain, Senz umbrella.

Thank you Senz! You have definitely exceeded my expectation.

And for you who own (or who want to buy one) Senz umbrella, here are some tips to keep it safe and to be prepared if it is broken:

  • When you know the wind is too strong (especially when the weather forecast says the wind is level 7), just don’t use the umbrella. This is how I got my Senz broken.


  • Open it carefully. A friend of mine got his switch button broken because he pushed it too hard when trying to open the umbrella (too bad he threw his umbrella away already)


  • Keep the receipt! I was lucky that I still got the replacement, but for next time, just keep the receipt, as it serves as warranty certificate.


  • Be patient and be positive about social media. Some friends were laughing at my effort, but yay, I prove them wrong!


  • And marketing tips, as I am a marketing person myself, try to do just like Senz. In the era of social media, people are constantly talking about your brand. What you’ve got to do is to talk back and exceed their expectations.

So, well done Senz!

For more info about the product go to Senz Umbrella website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho

Cold Feet

One of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow another one in May another one in November. and an ex-classmate is also getting married in April/May. and, I dreamed about getting married last night. I remember some months ago I was so enthusiastic with the idea of getting married. Although I knew that our relationship was not yet ready for that stage, I was so pushy to Stefy. I had asked him when exactly we would get married. Ah well, it was all the flashy things that I longed for. Right now, what I want is to avoid it! I am just not brave enough to throw myself into this new status. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just like any other girls out there who like the beautiful wedding gown, like to be made up, like to be the queen of the night. But, have you ever considered what would happen after you wave off the guests and head to your own home, starting your new chapter of life? or what would happen after the happy chappy honeymoon? Would we then live

WSAD? (What Should Ariel Do?)

As a communication expert, we always need to be prepared for crisis communication or disaster management. If a company suffered a bad publication, or when bad things happened, like with BP’s oil spill or Toyota’s cars, the communication people need to work very hard to communicate the right message (while some other people work on to make things right) and to win the public favour again. In theory, companies need to be prepared for crisis way in advance; however not many companies did that. I believe, Ariel had also never thought that such drama would happen, but yeah, here it is, and he has to face it! So, here is my humble opinion regarding what he needs to do to clear the air: Scenario 1: Launch a single/album Celebrities, especially musicians, usually would create a drama or scandal to increase their popularity in order to promote the next movie, single, or album that would be launched. What Ariel could do is to write a song (or an album) as soon as possible and launch it! And thee