Skip to main content

2010 Resolution

Some people posted their resolution even before the clock went to 00:00 1st January 2010. I was not quite on-time for that. See my previous post what has occupied my time.

To be able to write about my resolution for this new year, I need to reflect on what I have done in 2009 and how 2009 has treated me.

To be truly honest, I am not really proud of who I was and what I have done in 2009 as a person. The hard life, difficulties, and bitterness that I have been through, have made me on one hand a very strong person - I was really tough. Yet, on the other hand, I was really too hard on myself and towards other people that were not 'strong' enough.

In 2009, I didn't let myself to fail. When I failed, I was breaking down and blaming myself. I didn't let myself to learn from my mistake and be better. I was trying reallly hard to be good, be the best, be perfect! You could see that during my Master education. I was 'punishing' myself to study 24/7. I didn't let myself to be distracted and have fun. Although the result of my hard work was satisfying, I realised I was too ambitious.

I also judged people based on how strong they were in life - whether they could persevere and fight. If they did not meet my standard, I would hardly judge them and mark them as 'weak' or 'spoiled'.

In result, I was not the most cheerful friend one would like to have. I became bitter. I left some of my friends because of disappointment and useless argument. I planted hatred in my heart.

See, I was not at my best in 2009.

My relationship with God, in result, became numb. Going to church, praying and reading bible were not that special anymore. I guess it was all the bitterness that came to the surface.

Also my relationship with my family was not that impressive. I became bitter with my mom that I thought was not loving me that much. I felt that Stefy's parents loved me more than my parents did. However, my relationship with my brother got better.

Yet, there were also some moments that could make me proud of myself. I engraved good marks on my Master degree certificate. I got some good experiences in my internship time. I got once in a lifetime experience to go to Bangkok, Thailand. I went back to Indonesia last December with my fiancee holding our Master certificate.

In short, it was my 2009. So, how could I be a better person in 2010? Here comes my New Year Resolution:

1. First and most of all, I will have a better relationship with the Creator of the Universe. I have started doing that already. I now do regular morning and evening prayers. Although I still cannot read the bible regularly, I read my daily devotional reading. I will be involved with a new bible study group, and... I am gonna help the Children ministry.

2. No judging! I will make peace with everyone that I have been bitter with. And the good news, although it is still the first month, I have made some attempts to do so. There is still one person that I resist to make peace with. But yeah, I am working on it! :P

3. To find the best job for me that will glorify my God, make my family and fiancee happy, and to be a blessing for a lot and lots of people - either it is in Indonesia, Europe or somewhere else!

4. Write a book! This has been my dream since a year or two a go. I am now starting the book. I will not yet tell you what it is about, but I can give you a hint: it's quite expected! And,.. yesterday, I wrote my first two chapters. Yay! Go Nia, Go Nia!!

5. Reading more study books and serious literatures. As I am now jobless, I will make use of my time to study and read serious books. I just started Lord of the Ring first book, the Fellowship of the Ring. It is a difficult book. It is! I need to make some time to read it further.

6. Be a good daughter, and to make my parents and siblings proud of me! No matter what.

7. To get ready for my wedding - mentally, spiritually, and of course for the PARTY!

That's all folks! Have a happy 2010. Wish me luck to meet these resolutions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho

Cold Feet

One of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow another one in May another one in November. and an ex-classmate is also getting married in April/May. and, I dreamed about getting married last night. I remember some months ago I was so enthusiastic with the idea of getting married. Although I knew that our relationship was not yet ready for that stage, I was so pushy to Stefy. I had asked him when exactly we would get married. Ah well, it was all the flashy things that I longed for. Right now, what I want is to avoid it! I am just not brave enough to throw myself into this new status. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just like any other girls out there who like the beautiful wedding gown, like to be made up, like to be the queen of the night. But, have you ever considered what would happen after you wave off the guests and head to your own home, starting your new chapter of life? or what would happen after the happy chappy honeymoon? Would we then live

WSAD? (What Should Ariel Do?)

As a communication expert, we always need to be prepared for crisis communication or disaster management. If a company suffered a bad publication, or when bad things happened, like with BP’s oil spill or Toyota’s cars, the communication people need to work very hard to communicate the right message (while some other people work on to make things right) and to win the public favour again. In theory, companies need to be prepared for crisis way in advance; however not many companies did that. I believe, Ariel had also never thought that such drama would happen, but yeah, here it is, and he has to face it! So, here is my humble opinion regarding what he needs to do to clear the air: Scenario 1: Launch a single/album Celebrities, especially musicians, usually would create a drama or scandal to increase their popularity in order to promote the next movie, single, or album that would be launched. What Ariel could do is to write a song (or an album) as soon as possible and launch it! And thee