Skip to main content

Facebook in Indonesia


Have you heard about the possibility of banning Facebook in Indonesia?



Although it shouldn't surprise me, I was quite shocked when the news of banning Facebook in Indonesia went online. Indonesia is very well-known for banning unnecessary things, such as PDA (public display affection) or possibly smoking. And now Facebook. How could it surprise me?

Facebook is everywhere, even my parents now are using Facebook every now and then. Thus, banning Facebooks in nonsence. Not only it is absurd, but it is really hard to control. With the spread of IPhone and BlackBerry, Facebook is accessed continuously.

To go deeper to this case, one of the reasones Facebook would be possible banned is because many people use it to flirt with other people. Ah,...

If this rumour is true, I guess banning Facebook wouldn't be enough. How about banning the whole internet coming to Indonesia? *sighing*

Reading some other resources about this case, I came to conclusion that actually Muslim leaders in Indonesia will not ban Facebook. They allow the use of it, but,... but,... without any flirting involved.

*deep sigh*
isn't it personal issue? it goes back to every single person, who is using Facebook.

As a person who also cares about education, I totally agree that Facebook has to be used positively: networking, for business purpose, finding long lost friends, catching up with friends living in other parts of the world, or relaxing (like I would normally use it for).

What could teachers and education experts do to assure this? anything but banning Facebook, of course! Maybe giving training or consultation, or talking about it in class. Parents also could get involved in it.

So, never even think of banning Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FENOMENA ACEH 07

Daster Batik Pagi itu Nie datang ke kantor disambut oleh kumpulan ibu-ibu yang tidak jelas dari mana dan mau apa. “Assalamualaikum” sapa Nie. “Waalaikumsalam” jawab kumpulan ibu-ibu itu serempak. Nie menyunggingkan senyum, berusaha menampilkan senyum yang termanis untuk mereka. Semakin aku masuk ke dalam kantorku, semakin banyak ibu-ibu yang duduk lesehan di depan kantorku. Nie bergegas masuk ke ruangan admin, ada Hetty dan Wardah di sana. “Dah, kenapa ada ibu-ibu itu di situ?” Nie bertanya ke Wardah asal muasal ibu-ibu itu. “Oh, Pak Welly menugaskan karyawan kita yang di lapangan untuk mencari ibu-ibu yang membutuhkan sumbangan baju daster. Ibu-ibu korban tsunami. Ya itulah, bu, ibu-ibu yang akan diberikan sumbangan baju daster.” Nie mencermati kumpulan ibu-ibu itu. Ada yang masih muda belia, ada yang sudah tua, entah apa rambutnya sudah putih semua karena uban, atau disemir hitam mengkilap. Aku tak tahu, karena semua ibu-ibu menutupi auratnya, dari kepala sampai ujung kaki. Jadi k...

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho...

Cold Feet

One of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow another one in May another one in November. and an ex-classmate is also getting married in April/May. and, I dreamed about getting married last night. I remember some months ago I was so enthusiastic with the idea of getting married. Although I knew that our relationship was not yet ready for that stage, I was so pushy to Stefy. I had asked him when exactly we would get married. Ah well, it was all the flashy things that I longed for. Right now, what I want is to avoid it! I am just not brave enough to throw myself into this new status. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just like any other girls out there who like the beautiful wedding gown, like to be made up, like to be the queen of the night. But, have you ever considered what would happen after you wave off the guests and head to your own home, starting your new chapter of life? or what would happen after the happy chappy honeymoon? Would we then live...