Skip to main content

Counting Down - 8 days

I was actually planning on posting this last week. Ketika Oma menemukan secarik quote ini. Tapi, ternyata kok niat itu belum 100% muncul. Akhirnya, posting ini tersimpan di draft, hampir 2 minggu. Untunglah malam ini, di tengah menunggu bau obat nyamuk menghilang dari kamar, Oma tiba-tiba mood untuk nulis.

Beginnings are Scary, Endings are Usually Sad, but It's the middle that counts the most. Try to remember that (Memorable quote from Hope Floats)

Entah bagaimana Oma bisa menemukan quote ini (sudah lupa, tuh!), tapi yang pasti begitu membaca quote ini, hati Oma berdebar.
Dug dug,.. dug dug,...

*kok jadi kayak bedug?*


Aniwe, to be honest with you, kepergian Oma ke Belanda kali kedua ini sangat menakutkan. Bukan hanya menegangkan ya, karena kadang menegangkan can be a postive feeling: excitement. Tapi kali ini benar-benar fear, hesitation, worry. Pokoknya semua perasaan negatif tuh berkumpul menjadi satu.

Bukannya malah lebih enak, Oma? Oma kan uda pernah ke sana. Uda tau keadaan di sana. Ada temen-temen. Pokoknya nothing to be afraid of!

Mungkin begitu response kalian abis baca keluh kesah Oma di atas.

Actually, Oma bener-bener takut. Yes, Oma has been there. Not one month. Not one year. Not two years. but FOUR YEARS. And Oma has been in various situations: from a little broke until TOTALLY BROKE. Pernah tuh yang ngalamin uang di bank minus sampai beberapa puluh Euro.

Dan kali ini, Oma harus pergi, meskipun cuma 1 tahun, tanpa beasiswa. Walaupun uang kuliah sudah terbayar, tapi Oma hidup pake apa???

Itulah yang Oma takutkan.

Without any purpose to scare you, nor to nag, but Oma pengen cerita tentang sebuah situasi ketika Oma totally broke and the currency was totally not friendly, at all! Yeah, peristiwa ini terjadi ketika Oma berada di England. Poundsterling was realllyyy killing (and is still killing now!). I didn't have a job and my parents were unhappy about my situation.

So, Oma yang berhati mulia, tidak ingin menyusahkan orang tua (wow, it rhymes!); so Oma decided to not shop; thus not eat proper food. Jadi, daily, Oma cuma makan tea biscuit, kalo orang Inggris bilang, jadi tea biscuits tuh modelnya kayak kue marie. En sometimes, kalo Oma lagi bener-bener laper, Oma akan beli roti tawar yg paling murah dan kentang. And coffee, of course, was a must!

Sampai Oma dapet kerjaan di sebuah Pub & resto, I basically only ate these few items. Kecuali kalo, thank God, diundang ama orang gereja atau pas makan malam sesuah Bible Study, atau kalo ada temen yang birthday. So, kurang lebih 2 -3 bulan Oma hidup dengan 'lifestyle' seperti ini.

Jujur, Oma sangat takut harus go through this rough time again.

Fewh,... tough, huh?

Yap, Oma sangat takut. As it is written above, beginnings are scary. Yep, indeed scary! Dengan tidak ada kepastian bahwa Oma bakal dapet proper part-time job, or proper internship, or whether my parents can continually and constanly send enough money. Oma sangat takut.

Untunglah, ada seseorang yang bisa kasih Oma kepastian. Yang bikin Oma ndak ragu, walaupun kadang-kadang syndrome takutisme masih menyerang, meskipun banyak hal yang ndak pasti.

Ya, Oma ingat dan akan selalu ingat bahwa Oma punya Tuhan. Tuhan Oma sudah membawa Oma sampai this far. Awalnya ndak jadi berangkat, eh tiba-tiba ada (alm) Oma yang bersedia menjadi sponsor tunggal uang kuliah. Semua urusan visa dan passport diperlancar. Urusan kantor diperlancar sehingga Oma pun resigned dengan tenang. Dan semua urusan Bang Tepy pun juga beres. Yap, dan ini, next week, Oma akan berangkat.

So,.. if I am already this far, Oma yakin, Tuhan pasti akan terus dan terus menuntun Oma.

Jadi ingat ayat yang bilang bahwa Ravens (terjemahan bhs Indo = burung pipit. tapi sebenarnya Ravens adalah burung yang paling rendah 'kasta'nya. Jadi paling hina dina deh!) aja dipelihara, dikasih makan. Bunga bakung juga dikasih 'pakaian' paling indah, dirawat dan dikasih makan juga. Mosok Oma, manusia cantik (eh, kata Bang Tepy manis, ding!), smart, pinter, berbakat, keren,.... lho kok jadi narsis? Back to the point, mosok Oma yang manusia gini, tidak dipelihara ama Tuhan.

Ya khan?

I think I will make my own quote. Beginnings are scary, Endings are uncertain, yet it's my God that counts the most. Remember that!

Ayo, semua katakan bersama-sama buat Oma "Good luck, Oma!"

Thank you :)

OOT, di film Hope Floats ini ada satu lagi memorable quote:

You know, I always thought I was gonna be, I don't know, special. But I'm not. I'm just... I'm just an ordinary person. And that's OK. Because... you make me special. Don't you know that? Don't you know that you're everything in this world to me? And we're gonna make it through this because we are a team... So don't you ever think about leaving me again... because I need you. I love you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Salam kenal ya, Oma!

Wah kisah hidupmu menarik sekali. Sampai sekarang saya masih memimpikan bisa tinggal (dan bersekolah atau bekerja) di luar negeri. Namun bahkan singgah sebentar pun belum. Saya ngiri lhoo! Hehe..

Semoga di sana sehat2 ya, pengalaman yang tidak membunuhmu hanya akan membuatmu semakin kuat. Yes, you'll be better tomorrow :D
Anonymous said…
ngomongin makanan disaat kere, jangan lupain RIJSTWAFFEL nie.. hihihihi

Popular posts from this blog

What would you do if you could live another life

What would you do if you could live another life just for one day? This line is quoted from "Last Chance Harvey" . I have watched this film twice and still feel so touched everytime I watch it. Kate Walker, the main character in this film, uttered this question to Harvey Shine. In this story, both of them lived a life that is not very happy-chappy. Kate lived in a pathetic, boring life; Harvey in a screwed one. When Kate asked this question, both of them seem to ponder: what if I could live a different life, just for one day, just to try out. This question makes me ponder, too: what would I do if I was given a chance to live any kind of life I want, just for one day? Where would I be? What would I do? Who would I be? Lately I have been thinking about the life I am living right now. Everything is so well-planned. I graduated from high school, went abroad to study, came back home to work, went abroad again to do my master, working in a reasonably good organisation, and going ho

Cold Feet

One of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow another one in May another one in November. and an ex-classmate is also getting married in April/May. and, I dreamed about getting married last night. I remember some months ago I was so enthusiastic with the idea of getting married. Although I knew that our relationship was not yet ready for that stage, I was so pushy to Stefy. I had asked him when exactly we would get married. Ah well, it was all the flashy things that I longed for. Right now, what I want is to avoid it! I am just not brave enough to throw myself into this new status. Don't get me wrong, I am probably just like any other girls out there who like the beautiful wedding gown, like to be made up, like to be the queen of the night. But, have you ever considered what would happen after you wave off the guests and head to your own home, starting your new chapter of life? or what would happen after the happy chappy honeymoon? Would we then live

WSAD? (What Should Ariel Do?)

As a communication expert, we always need to be prepared for crisis communication or disaster management. If a company suffered a bad publication, or when bad things happened, like with BP’s oil spill or Toyota’s cars, the communication people need to work very hard to communicate the right message (while some other people work on to make things right) and to win the public favour again. In theory, companies need to be prepared for crisis way in advance; however not many companies did that. I believe, Ariel had also never thought that such drama would happen, but yeah, here it is, and he has to face it! So, here is my humble opinion regarding what he needs to do to clear the air: Scenario 1: Launch a single/album Celebrities, especially musicians, usually would create a drama or scandal to increase their popularity in order to promote the next movie, single, or album that would be launched. What Ariel could do is to write a song (or an album) as soon as possible and launch it! And thee